Tax Dates CRA | Important Dates to Remember 2018
Here is a quick run down of the important tax dates for this 201 tax season.
Payments due by January 15, 2018
- Final payroll remittance for income earned in 2017
Payments due by January 30, 2018
- Interest owed on intra-family loans
- Interest payable by you on loans from your employer, to reduce your taxable benefit.
Payments due by February 14, 2018
- Reimbursement of personal car expenses to your employer to reduce your taxable operating benefit from an employer-provided automobile.
Payments due by February 28, 2018
- Capital gains taxes for any sale of capital property in 2017. This can include the sale of rental or vacation homes that were sold in the year.
Payments due by March 1, 2018
- Deductible contributions to your own RRSP or a spousal RRSP
- Contributions to federal or provincial labour-sponsored venture capital corporations
- RRSP repayments under a Home Buyers’ Plan or a Lifelong Learning Plan.
Payments due by March 30, 2018
- Annual GST remittance if you are an annual filer for personal businesses
Payments/Filings due by April 30, 2018
- Personal tax returns for the 2017 calendar year
- Payments for taxes owing from the calendar year
Payments/Filings due by June 15, 2018
- If you or your spouse carried on a business in 2017, your return for 2017 has to be filed on or before June 15, 2018. However, any taxes payable are due on or before April 30, 2018. We recommend that your tax return be filed by the April 30th deadline however if this is not possible we recommend that you estimate your taxes owed by applying last year’s effective tax rate to your estimated net income and adding a buffer of 20% to avoid penalties.
Payments/Filings due by June 30, 2018
- Any bonuses to employees/owners accrued by a company to reduce taxable income must be paid out.